Friday, November 12, 2010

And 2nd place goes to...

Rita H, Kim H, Anna K, and Heidi H from the cities. They are our second group of visitors down here. Sara K took the gold home back in the beginning of October.

Last night, I (practically) begged Rita, Anna, and Kim to take me up on South Mountain for the sunset and city lights view. Twice before I had tried to go, but neither time could make it up to the top for one reason or another.

Third time's a charm. It was cold up there... like maybe 50 degrees! Such a neat view of "The Valley of the Sun" though. Phoenix and its suburbs are surrounded by mountains, and from our vantage point, we could see them coccooning the city.

Rita posing for a facebook prof pic :)

I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture or not, but downtown Phoenix really stands out, since it has most of the many-storied buildings in the valley.
All of us girls, freezing our buns off.

Can you see the heart-shaped lake on the golf course that Tiger plays at?

Unbelievable view!

Afterward, we filled our rumbling tummies with Grimaldi's pizza, then warmed up in the hot tub. I was really wanting a sauna, but had to settle...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Company is so fun! And, um, 50 degrees is pretty balmy if you ask me. : )
    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I got the gold. :) Looks like you had fun with the second round. The actual, genuine, peak South Mountain views are beautiful. Fun that you could see the transition from daylight to nightlight up there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!