Monday, June 13, 2011

Catching up some

I found some time to actually sit and update my readers (or what's left of them) about what's been going on.

A few weeks ago, I went to the yoop for a wedding Mark was standing in. I've been getting to know his friends better, and Keith and Laura are such a sweet couple. I volunteered to do Laura's flowers, and they went really well. For pictures, jump on over to Jennifer's blog. I really like doing flowers for weddings she photographs, because she makes my work look so good.

Laura's bachelorette party was themed like a popular tv show, so most girls dressed up like guys. It took place at a hunting camp, a really neat one with one huge room lined with bunks (how handy!).

I spent a lot of time with Sarah that weekend, since both of our men were in the wedding party, and off gallivanting and getting no sleep. Sarah, me, and Laura...

We got a photo of the group of friends (missing Anna). Jeff K, Evan and Sarah B, Kendra and Eldie, the newly married Keith and Laura N, me and Mark, Lindsey and Johnny I, and Brent J.

BRETT DANIELSON rode up the yoop with me, but it was a good thing for him that he didn't catch a ride home too... On my way home from up north, my car started overheating in Bruce's. Aaarghhhh, what a pain! Mark came to my rescue, with a tool set and a good mood. The car couldn't be fixed though, and so we left it at a Ford dealership, and went back up to Margaret and Gary's for the night.

The next day, we met my mom in Duluth. I had dinner with Sara K, then a walk by the lake. Although a huge bother, my car incident actually was pretty fun too.

Fast forward two weeks. Mark was leaving for ND, and I happened to have two days off of work in the middle of the week. We met up north for a day and a half.

We spent the hot, hot day swimming, then hanging out at the cabin.

Mark's picture idea. Makes me laugh every time I look at it. :)

Along with seeing Mark, I spent time with Leah, and got to chat with cousin Kate and Grandma and Grandpa. I really enjoyed being up there!

Now I'm working a whole slew of days in a row so that I can have 5 days off for St. Johns. I'm considering it one of my major vacations of the summer. Hopefully the weather cooperates!

I did my first flower shop wedding consult (by myself). I was nervous, but it went well!! It'll be fun to be in charge of everything from start to finish. I also have a wedding that I'm doing on my own time that is coming up quickly and I know will be very fun. I'm looking forward to what else this summer will bring!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates. fun to read!
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that last picture - too funny. Thanks for keeping us to date - I like to do know what Mark is up to these days ;)
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!