Friday, January 20, 2012

A weekend with the fam

Viv said a couple times last weekend, "my whole family is here!!" And while that wasn't quite true, I did get to see my mom and dad, Kurt, Jocelyn and Mike and their kids. It was wonderful to just chill with them.

Vivian is quite the ham. She had us laughing many times.

"Don't take a picture of me, Dista!"

Kurt, being Kurt.

The crowd (minus me) at Kurt's wrestling meet.


It was Mark's first meet, and I think he enjoyed it, even if there were less throws than he was hoping for.



Haas-ie boy.
It was his 2nd wrestling match, but apparently he doesn't like wrestling at all. No! I can't say that, he's a S**m*n boy! He was cranky all weekend, but apparently due to a double ear infection.

Dista and Viv.

It was so cute how she kept wanting to sit by me, or on my lap. I think she just likes having an audience to witness her cuteness. :) When Kurt was wrestling, she heard Nana yell "Up and out, Kurt", and she yelled "Open up, Kurt!"

I have missed watching wrestling. At the college level, they dimmed the lights, just like high school. Unfortunately, it makes for poor pictures.

Kurt lost his match (he was moved up a weight class), but the team won, to make their record 13-0.

After the match, we said goodbye to my parents, and brought Jocelyn and the rugrats to our house to wait for Mike to pick them up on his way from his job to their home.



The first thing Viv said when she came in the door and was halfway down the steps was "Such a pretty rug you have, Dista!" :D



We had to think quickly to come up with things for Viv to do. She really loved my Blokus and Mastermind games- all those little pieces are so much fun to play with! And to clean up!



Here she is with Uncle Mark; enjoying her hot cocoa and watching something on the computer.



Big GRIN!



I thoroughly enjoyed my family time, as I know it is hard to come by while we are out here. I only wish I could see the others more often too, and that MI wasn't so far away!

3 comments:

  1. Leaving the kids with Mark and going to the cute coffee shop by your apartment made the whole trip worth it! ;) Although Haas was miserable, which made me miserable, it was fun to see Kurt wrestle and spend some time with the family. Viv was so excited to see you guys and she still plays with "dista's phone" everyday! Next time we make the trip hopefully everyone's happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Where was the wrestling? in Dickinson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys already, Joce! Jan- it was in Bismarck at the University of Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!