Why is there such a disconnect between medical doctors and chiropractors? I had a pain on my right side, only at night, probably from how the baby was positioned. I asked the doctor and his medical student about it, and they agreed with me about the baby's position. I asked about going to the chiropractor, and neither one told me I should. They didn't say I shouldn't either, but I could see they did not think it would help anything.
I went to the chiropractor, and right away he found a spot on my rib, adjusted it, and I felt great!
How hard would it have been for the doctor to recommend the chiropractor?
Friday, August 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't you think, with a little collaboration, we all could be at our optimal health. Instead, I feel like each branch keeps its secrets, hoarding knowledge from the other branches of medicine, and thus, things fall through the cracks! and it goes both ways...with the natural dudes dissing the western way as well.
ReplyDelete`ann b.
technically I'm supposed to get a 'referral' to go to the chiropractor but I feel like that would be like pulling teeth. I've found a great chiro that I can pay cash to for the same price that my copay would be anyway. works for me.
ReplyDeleteI don't argue with my doctors - I just nod my head and then do my own thing, sometimes medicine, and sometimes alternatives.
Technically Chiropractors are still considered CAM (Complimentary or Alternative Medicine) In the past CAM was never recommended until other options were worn out. Many Doctors, especially ones who have been practicing for quite some time do not have a full knowledge of the benefits some CAM has. But its coming a long way, just give it time. We spent a great deal of time on in in a couple of my classes!
ReplyDeleteAnn- yes! Sharyn- I do that too, maybe throw a 'smile' in there for good measure. Kellie- interesting, as my doc is old!
ReplyDeleteI have told my dr. that it's my dream that someday Modern Medicine and Alternative Medicine will join forces...what a wonderful idea.. It's starting...but has a way to go! Glad you found relief!
ReplyDeleteJill