Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Early anniversary celebration

Deadwood, SD was our first stop. A wagon train was coming through town while we were there.

The town is built in what seems like a ravine, with steep, rocky hills on both sides.

We stayed at a B & B in Nemo, then spent Sunday in Rapid City.  I think we scoured every western store in town looking for the perfect pair of cowboy boots for this guy.

We didn't find that perfect pair, but I found a few things for me (and baby).
Dinner was a delicious (and spendy) affair at the Dakotah Steakhouse.

I forgot how pretty the Black Hills are: the trees, rivers, and hills were a balm to our eyes. The weekend was a relaxing get-away before our lives change quite drastically in the next month or so.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Cute picture of the 2 of u, and love your dress, u look beautiful momma to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress in that bottom picture there. You are a lovely woman!
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you visit the Adams Museum, or whatever it was called, in Deadwood? We enjoyed that.
    I really enjoyed the Black Hills this spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No we didn't, maybe we'll have to go back and do it sometime. It's so close to us now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!