Saturday, December 15, 2012

Winter Wonderland- ND style

Barrett and I joined Mark on a mule deer hunting expedition to the Badlands last weekend. We had gotten a few inches of snow the night before, so it was a beautiful winter day.


It wouldn't be the current North Dakota without oil wells in the landscape.

Deer? No, just pronghorn antelope

and cattle.


Mark glassing for deer.

There they are!

Unfortunately, they were all does.

Then we saw a decent sized buck, so Mark got dressed in his 3D camo and headed out.


I got to stay in the truck with this smiley little man, who has been so good the two times we've gone hunting- he must love it already!

Our big hunter came back without a deer. I guess it had moved by the time Mark got around the hill to where it had been. Oh well, we had a fun family day in the gorgeous Badlands!

1 comment:

I love comments!