These are all iphone pictures, because apparently when you have a smart phone, you forget to charge your regular camera.
The first day we spent in Whitefish, Kalispell and Hungry Horse.
This is going up the chairlift at Whitefish Mountain Resort.
At the top, with my husband showing off his red-neck helmet cam (his phone clipped to his hat).
We did the alpine slide there too, which was fun. Whitefish is such a neat little town, and I would have loved to have some more time there. One thing I need to say- Piggyback BBQ. Eat there.
Ahh, a sleeping baby.
The second day we went on a helicopter tour of Glacier. I was excited that it was something we could do with Barrett along.
Amazing views. Simply awesome.
On top of this hill is a fire tower. We learned that someone (a volunteer) lives up there for the summer and their food and supplies are brought in by pack mule.
This ridge is the Continental Divide.
Awesome glacial lakes.
Next on the agenda was a drive through the park on the Going-To-The-Sun Road. We stopped to hike along the way.
Mark wouldn't be Mark if he didn't do something along these lines.
A beautiful view. This is on the west side of the park, where it seems the views are more stunning than the east side.
On the east side, we got to visit with some ND friends, and Mark taught Barrett how to use a hatchet.
Our third and last day, we did some more hiking.
It was, of course, gorgeous.
B hanging out.
If you like camping, hiking, and awesome mountain views, then I think that Glacier National Park is a must-see. I would love to go back and hike some more (especially without kids).















Awesome. We went camping in Glacier a few years ago. It was beautiful! Definitely felt like we didn't see it all. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
ReplyDelete~ann b.
Love the pic of sleeping Barrett!
ReplyDelete-we took your advice and ate at piggyback bbq- it was indeed delicious! I recognize the places of most of your pictures- fun to see- we loved glacier! -Karen
ReplyDelete