It's already been almost two weeks since Barrett's first birthday, but I've been waiting to see how he takes to being one before I post this. ;)
On his actual birthday (October 4), it snowed! Big, fat flakes that stuck to the ground. It brought me right back to last year when I was in labor with him, and the same weather pattern was brewing. As much as I am not ready for snow, it made the day special to me.
The next day we had his party- just a few family/friends attended for a quick supper before night church. When planning his party, I had decided not to go all out. After all, he is ONE and will never remember the party. But as I got into it, I realized I really enjoyed the planning. If it was too stressful, I wouldn't have done it. I rarely get a chance to be creative, and this was a chance, so I took it and ran with it.
Our little family. Barrett looks so old to me in this picture.
We had practiced blowing the week before the party, but he got a bit shy and wouldn't do it with his cupcake.
Some of the guests singing to our big boy.
When I gave him the cupcake, he gently smashed it in his hands, and then ate it. Fairly cleanly, I might add.
It was a fun way to celebrate our first child's passing into years of age, instead of just months. I know the following years will fly by, just like this last one did.
Shortly after his birthday, Barrett got a bad chest cold that required a nebulizer. That was no fun! And then he started standing alone and taking steps. It's funny how the good and bad in life can come right with each other.
Cute post!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures and love the theme! He is so big!
ReplyDeleteNatalie
You did such a good job on everything! Very cute!
ReplyDelete