This is a neighborhood of the city where the standard is to have lawncare service, and a nanny. Or both. As well as a gardener and a cleaning lady.
I happen to be one of the nannies. And every day that I work, I see the lawncare guys. By now, I recognize their vehicles, and I'm sure some of them know mine (it's quite recognizable, after all). We usually exchange waves and smiles. It's almost like we're a club (not the Mickey Mouse club), and now we just need a handshake. Oh wait, we have that too. :)
I enjoy seeing the guys. And even if I don't know them personally, it feels like I do. Because I see them at church all the time. So I smile inside and out when I pass them in Kwood.
And, in a roundabout way, one of them is even responsible for me finding my job.
And yes, I'm writing this at 5:30 am. I can't sleep.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!