Last Thursday was a girls day. My aunt, mom, and sister came down to the city, and Cor and I joined them at Macy's for some browsing, coffee, and meals (yes, we ate lunch AND dinner there).
And THEN. We went to Orchestra Hall for the Concordia Choir and Orchestra's Journey to Bethlehem concert. Cousin Kellie sings in one of the five choirs.
When the first notes were played, we leaned forward in our seats, mesmerized. The music was beautiful. and moving. and better than any I have heard in person. Almost two hours was not long enough for us.
One of my favorite parts was when the audience got to sing along. It made me feel like I was a decent singer :) It was exciting to hear the whole concert hall join in.
Even better, the choirs sang church songs #2 and #64. Music to my heart.
Kellie did a great job, and is a wonderful singer in such an amazing choir!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wish I coulda been there!
ReplyDeleteI'll agree with you that it was amazing but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been able to tell if i was a wonderful singer or not! I was glad you could come and Im glad you enjoyed it! :)
ReplyDelete