Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sorry, I've been neglecting you

I don't have any new pictures, and not too much exciting news, so I've been staying away from the "new post" button. But maybe you like to read about things that aren't awesome and exciting. If so, stay tuned.

It finally hit me. homesickness. I was just tra-la-laing along, for a good six weeks or so, and then thoughts of home began to make me feel teary. I wanted my mom, but I thought talking to her would make it worse. Not talking to her made it worse too. I gave in and called her. I felt better after I realized she hadn't changed a bit, and will still be MOM when I get home too.

Maybe the excitement of being in a new place has wore off. I still love Arizona, but I wish it weren't so far away. Like maybe just a two hour drive and not 24. I keep telling myself that Christmas isn't so far away and will be here before I know it. I can do it!

Also, the weather difference (87 degrees today) makes me feel a teeny bit better. :)

3 comments:

  1. Good job making it 6 wks without getting too homesick. :) You can do it, and since you have sweet friends down there, that makes it easier. I can relate to the homesickness - because your home (mom and dad) aren't just a quick drive away. MN isn't as far away to MI as AZ is to MN.. but it's still too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so completely understand this. It gets easier. Just don't forget to love your time and experiences there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still get homesick for my mom ......
    hang in there, and when you get home for christmas, you can hang on her. she'll love it.
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!