Monday, December 20, 2010

Not GFF

Remember this post? Well, turns out my self-diagnosis was wrong, as mine usually are. A while back, I went to an integrative medicine doctor down here, with the same stomach issues I was experiencing last year. She did blood tests, and the Celiacs was negative. Unfortunately, she didn't come up with a solution either... told me to take peppermint oil. It does seem to help some.

So this Christmas, I'll be able to eat everything!! :) Last year, even our traditional Christmas Eve waffles-on-the-woodstove were gf, and the boys weren't too happy. I admire anyone that can eat a gf diet, because it is hard!

Speaking of Christmas Eve, it's coming so fast. We're leaving tonight after I get off work, driving straight through. I cannot wait to see my family.

Jan- I'll be back down in this warm place on January 4th.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Krista - If I'm remembering correct a friend of mine who is very knowledgeable on gluten stuff said that gluten allergies/sensitivities often do not show up in blood tests early on. But they will show up in a stool sample test immediately. Another interesting thing she said is that in Finland, they test babies at birth because 1/3 kids(I think that's the percent) in Finland have some type of gluten sensitivity. Crazy! And with so many of us having a Finnish heritage well...
    Anyhow, sorry about the tangent. Just wanted to say, if you're feeling relief from going GF, it wouldn't hurt to avoid it... But if it doesn't make a difference, then by all means eat gluten! : ) I don't have any sensitivities to it that I know of, but I'm sure it's a major diet change if you do...
    ~ Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way - don't quote me on the percentage in my last post, because I haven't done the research. I just remember hearing it from a friend...Sorry about my novel. And have an awesome Christmas! Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a safe trip home, maybe i'll see you sometime.
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you can be non-GF with me and can't wait til you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the snow!! You'll get to enjoy it and then go back to the sun, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and are you taking your bike, or do you have a car now? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the blood test is right, but like Trisha mentioned, it's not considered 100% accurate...unfortunately. I'm not sure about the stool test, but I know a colon biopsy will show for sure...:p Not fun, I'm dealing with the same sort of thing in this house...(is it GF, isn't it, or is it this or that...) blah.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!