Monday, May 9, 2011

Design days

I was thrust right into designing my first days at work, and by now, I've done some large pieces. This is a $150 casket spray I did a couple weeks ago.


I hadn't done a casket spray since school, so I was a little nervous, but it turned out okay. We've been so, so busy with Mother's Day and whatnot, that I've been cranking out lots and lots of arrangements. This is a very easy little malt cup.

All it is is colored foam (food coloring and white foam pieces), white carnations and a spray rose bud. A cute, different idea.

A couple weekends ago, my mom, Joce and I went down to the cities to stop by Aunt Lynda's art show. She was there on site painting, and it was neat to see her in action. She had a window series for sale in the shop that was just amazing. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her work.

Following the show, we stopped by the Minneapolis Institute of Arts for Art in Bloom. Last year, I participated in the event, but this year I was in AZ during art selection. Three of my friends from design school did pieces though, so I really wanted to get there to see their work.

We saw so many neat things, but here are a few of my favorites. I just love the colors and flowers in this arrangement.

This is my friend Irene's work. It is so her, down to the rose-petaled glasses. I think it fits the work of art or "Frank" nicely.


Another of my favorites. A very good representation of the painting, and so creative.

This is the piece of art I chose last year. I just had to go look and see what the designer had done with it this year. This link will bring you to a picture of mine from last year.


I've been seeing so many flowers lately, I'm almost on flower overload. Now that Mother's Day is done, things will slow down at the shop some, and I can help out more in the greenhouses. It's always nice to switch things up and learn more about outside plants/flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!