Friday, January 29, 2010

Din Din

The progressive dinner was just as much fun as I thought it would be. Actually, more!
Cor and I hung out in the kitchen, chatting and chopping food, before the guests arrived at our place, and that set the tone for the evening... Lots of girl talk and laughter.

Our apartment hosted appetizers, with help from Kendra and Meghan.
Some of our food...
Hanging out, chatting, deciding what to text a guy...
Group pic! 26 girls total.
The main meal (yummy tacos) was hosted by the Greenfield gals.
Dessert was at the Daav-Honk townhome, with help from Rita and Anna. Amy even made gluten-free brownies for me, so sweet of her!
Stripes....
The Daav girls taught us an exciting new game that they learned from their grandma :) Two teams, sitting across the room from each other, with two chairs in the middle, facing each other. A blanket is held up in the middle, and then dropped, and the two girls (opposite teams) on the chairs try to be the first to say the name of the other. Whoever wins takes the loser onto her team.
Both teams were trying all sorts of tricks, covering their faces, flashing, bunching up around the girl on their chair...
Classic mid-name shout.
Ahhhh. Can hardly wait until next year's dinner. The guys were really hoping to be invited to this one, but maybe we could do one in the summer with them.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now I am officially cornfused. Your definition of 'hoping to be invited' is having a way more fun and exponentially more awesome game night at the guys house? Shame on you, DC High School, shame on you. (I even needed to semi-misuse a word to fully describe the difference between the haves and the have-nots)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Looks like there is quite a crew of girls in the cities!

    : ) Trisha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!