is the number of hours I've spent in the car on trips in July thus far.
We arrived back in the cities late last night, dirty and exhausted, but so satisfied. Our road trip was so much fun!
Sara and Kayla K and I were the ones who went. We took along Flat Coralie, because notflat Cor couldn't get enough time off work.

Wyoming was great! Mark was the perfect host/tour guide. He took us exploring in a cave- we had to squeeze through holes and roll at some parts. I thought I would be scared, but it was too cool to be scary. Then we went on a drive through the Bighorn Mountains, which was picturesque.

After WY, we went through MT, then to Idaho. Our route followed the Snake River Canyon, which was neat. Lots and lots of waterfalls. This one is Shoshone Falls, which is called the Niagara of the West.

Oregon was the next state, and the prettiest. It seemed less populated, and more natural. This is taken at a scenic overlook.

The mountains in this picture are the Strawberry Mountains. We camped up in them, and hiked to a mountain lake and waterfall. Beautiful!! The wagon is a replica from the old days, because the road follows the Oregon Trail.
More trip pictures to come in the next few days....
Looks like a great trip! I would love to go to Oregon some day.
ReplyDeleteNatalie