Friday, September 17, 2010

love/hate relationship

What I love about not having a car:
  • forces me to bike where I want to go=more exercise
  • no gas, insurance, repairs, etc
  • no sitting in traffic
  • I never have to be the driver

Coralie and Shannon in front of the library last night. It's only 2.5 miles away!


Cor and I got up at 5:30 this morning (funny, in MN we would have never even dreamed of getting up that early to exercise) to see how far the bike ride to Camelback Mountain is. It took us about 40 minutes.
The view is awesome!

We didn't actually climb, because it would have been a miserable ride home. Instead, we rested at the foot of the trail, took some pictures, then rode back home.


What I hate about not having a car:
  • mostly (could take the bus) at the mercy of someone else to go places that are more than five miles away
  • got turned down at two job interviews because I don't have a car
  • we stay home a lot because it's too hot to bike during the day=boring

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!