Me, Anneli, Coralie, Jill, and Shannon at our apartment

I have to be honest, I wasn't always looking forward to moving down here. It was hard to look past the fact that I was
leaving. When I thought about what I would miss, I got teary and sad: Vivy and Sierra will get so
big, and R ladies will have fun without me, and no saunas, and no Sunday dinners... Everyone kept saying, "you'll have so much fun, and you won't regret it". And I knew that, but still... SIL Chrissy's words really helped though: "you'll have many more MN falls, but this might be your only AZ fall."
Once I got onto the plane, and dried my tears, it was easier to remember that, and look forward to being in a new place with new challenges. Now that I'm here and settled in, I don't miss MN as much as I thought I would (sorry! :). I like it here thus far, even though I don't have a bed.
This morning, Jill, Coralie and I got up at 4:30 to hike Camelback before it got hot and Jill had to work. It was tough! Felt so good though.
Come visit, and I'll introduce you to the joys of shaky legs (from lots of climbing). We even have plenty of floor space :)
Aw, fun! I'm glad you're not too lonesome down there. I had a thought today that I should work out hardcore in the little bit of time before I come down there so you DON'T have to introduce me to such shaky legs-just the beautiful views! :) Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Stay busy and the time will fly. You'll be making memories that will last forever. And remember if it doesn't work out you can always move home. : )
ReplyDeletegolly, I am not even missing you here yet either :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time there. About two days after you return, you'll realize that not much changed while you were gone. except maybe you. You will have a broader perspective. And a good tan : )
Enjoy your time away! The nieces and nephews will grow while your gone but they'll still be pumped next time you show up. And who knows when you'll have the opportunity to really get to know somewhere new, not just see the landmarks.
ReplyDelete-Katrina H
Congrats on the move, Krista! All the best to you! You learn so much about yourself being away.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs!
Jen