Monday, December 5, 2011

If this didn't put me in the Xmas mood...

I don't know what will.
Since we decided not to have a Christmas tree out here, I told my mom I would put up hers. It's kind of been a tradition since she got a white tree that we (the girls) put it up and do a color scheme. Fun colors show up so much better on a white tree.

This year, we did a red/lime green whimsical style. Bev had gotten a whole slew of stuff on clearance last year. So I guess we're a year behind current trend in our color scheme.


I also decorated a few other areas of the house.


It was hard to get a good picture of the buffet, because of the mirror behind it. It looks better in real life. Ha.







We just put up new grandkid pictures, from our wedding. I think the whole display turned out well, although Anni's picture would be better in black/white, and we still need Haas.



That was Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon was reserved for Karen and Ray's wedding, which was beautiful, all fuchsia/silver and Christmas-y (you wouldn't think those colors would look like Christmas, but they made a perfect winter wedding).


And then. Sunday was Concordia's choir concert. Cousin Kellie had had the brilliant idea that I could make it to the concert in Moorhead on my drive back to ND. Perfect! She got me a second row ticket next to her mom and dad, Grandma and Grandpa, sister Lydia, and near Aunt Patti, Uncle Don, and Aunt Liz.


Once again, I sat riveted for the whole thing. It was AMAZING. Beautiful. Kellie did a great job up there, along with the rest of the award-winning choir.





Picture-taking wasn't allowed, but I like to live on the edge, and I surreptitiously snapped this photo. Unfortunately, I didn't catch Kellie in it.


I'm so glad I got to attend, and it most definitely helped put me in a more holiday spirit.

3 comments:

  1. The whole thing sounds like fun...getting into the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to decorate my house next?? ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the decorations above the white chest/cupboard!! Great job!! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!