Friday, December 30, 2011

The joy of Christmas time

This was my first Christmas away from home. We went up to the UP for the weekend. It's a 13 hour drive from here, so we didn't have much time there, but I had a good time. A really good time.

Christmas eve company. Aren't they cute?!

My mother-in-law (still feels strange to say that :) and some of her sisters.




A boy and his dog. Comrade was so happy to see Mark, and Mark, Comrade.


At one point, Mark was lying on the floor cuddling with the dog, and I thought he should get up. He and other family members assured me it was normal. It was kind of cute...




More Christmas eve company. It was nice to see some fellow Minnesotans (at heart, anyway :).






The ladies exchanged homemade or thrifty gifts. Mari got a paper wreath from Kendra.




Jessica got this plate from Aleena.



Everyone's gifts were so nice. I got an adorable chalkboard from Jessica. I have always wanted one; I thought maybe my husband will write cute notes for me. So far, it's been the other way around, but oh well.

The married couples got Tupperware from Margaret and Gary. Margaret thought maybe it was a gift more geared toward the ladies, but the guys proved her wrong...









It was strange not having little kids running amok during the holiday. We just got to see Jory on Christmas eve, and Tessa and Piper on Christmas Day. They got lots of attention!




The men exchanged homemade/thrifty gifts too. Here Ryan is showing Aaron how to use the shop vac filter he made.





We got to see some snow, Mark got to use his 4 wheeler (a strange Christmas sight), and we got some good visiting in, both with family and friends. We also took two saunas! It was truly a joyful time.

4 comments:

  1. Fun to see pics! Glad you two made it to and from safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Glad you had such a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you guys at Christmas, but it looks like you had a fun one in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I totally get the whole seeing fellow Minnesotans thing. There is something so wonderful about it, isn't there? So your in-laws are related to them? I have no idea who your husband is, obviously.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!