That was what the cake read at the surprise baby shower for Melissa H and me. I was definitely surprised! Not at the door to the shower, but a half hour earlier at home. I was having a bad morning (cranky, had a backache), and I had decided to stay in bed for the day. Mark's job was to get me to Lorina's, so he ended up telling me about the shower to get me up and dressed. I'm glad I had time to get decently dressed...
There were fifteen ladies at the shower. All of the single girls came, and Jocelyn, Viv, Bre-Lyn and her sister Kayla came down from Williston. I was pleasantly surprised by how many people were there! We had a great time. The smaller (than other showers I've attended) group number allowed us to play some games, the food was absolutely delicious, and I got some adorable gifts.
I generally don't like this kind of surprise, but it really turned a kind of crappy day into a great day. Afterward, Joce, Viv, and I joined our men and Michael Mass fishing. A good Sunday all around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
got any photos?
ReplyDeleteI didn't take any! I think Jocelyn took some though, look for them on fb possibly.
ReplyDeleteFun! Just waiting and waiting until I can participate in these fun things:) At least I'll be around to meet your little pumpkin.
ReplyDeleteSaw the photos on facebook. Looks like fun. It's so neat that there is enough of you there to have a little congregation.
ReplyDeleteI took a few pictures too but cant upload them until we get the internet for our laptop. It was fun though! :)
ReplyDelete