Friday, June 1, 2012

Cross Ranch SP Camping

This was our first camping trip as a married couple. The weather could have been better (45 degrees and rain off and on), but overall, it was really fun! I look forward to many more camping trips with my outdoorsy husband.

That's a lot of stuff for two people. We did use most of it.

Mark chopping us up some firewood.

I woke up from a mid-day nap to find these on the picnic table. So sweet :) He found everything on the beach.

Handy-dandy place to put the tools.

This is his "explorer" face.


Cross Ranch is a very neat park, because it is on the Missouri River. There are sandy beaches all along the campground. Auntie Jan recently traveled there too, and we got the idea from her.

My very sweet hubby also made this for me to see...


We couldn't agree on what this was, and never did find out.

We went fishing in the river, at my suggestion, no less. It must have been the perfect time of day to fish, because there were fish jumping all over the river. A short time later, Mark caught this king salmon (isn't it strange there are king salmon in ND?).

And then I got this northern pike. My second fish (I think, the first being a sunny way back when) ever!

The third and final catch of the evening was this little guy.
We cooked up the salmon on the grill with potatoes and onions, and it was pretty tasty, but hard to eat because of all the bones.

After two rainy nights, we headed home a day early, but I still thoroughly enjoyed myself on this trip.

5 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! Even if it was rainy. Yuummm, fresh salmon! Ill have to tell phil about this and maybe we'll go. How far is it from here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip- glad you enjoyed the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare- 2 hours. (It's an hour north of Bismarck)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I like the flowers (and you don't even look pregnant) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! We'll.have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!