Monday, February 21, 2011

AZ on the Rocks and #9

I want to talk about #9 first because it's pretty exciting. B & C had their second child (my parents ninth grandchild) this afternoon, and named him Cutler Brett. He was 8 lbs 9 oz, and 19 inches. I don't know any other details, but I'm pumped to have another nephew!!

An and I went indoor rock climbing (with half-off coupons from REI!) on Sunday morning. It's like the climbing wall at Dick's Sporting Goods or REI on steroids.

An, hooking herself up to the rope. While she climbed, I stood on the ground and belayed for her, then she did the same for me. The person who belays is pretty important, as they're the one who prevents the climber from falling.


The room was full of ropes and different paths to the top, each marked with a different color tape. It was a challenge to stay on one color, without using any handholds of a different color.
It was a lot of fun, and we climbed until our fingers could no longer grip. We both want to go back and try more courses. They also had a bouldering wall, which is essentially the same thing as climbing, but without a harness and rope. The wall was a lot shorter, and there were pads on the floor in case you fell or wanted to jump down.

Afterward we ate brunch. I snapped this picture of An playing with a syrup drip.
It was another good Sunday. Definitely made up for my earlier bad day :)

2 comments:

  1. It has to be more than the 9th...doesn't it? How many do B&N have? Where did you go to school?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AliinaKaisaLarsIsaacAnnikaMyaVivianSierraCutler. That's nine!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!