Monday, April 26, 2010

All pumped up! but a little hurt too

Our last league volleyball game was tonight. I was debating about going, because on Saturday night at kyds, I sprained (I think) my foot playing a "fun game". However, Rita texted me this afternoon saying we only had 4 players. Whoops, there went my decision. If I didn't show up, they would probably have to forfeit. Since it was the last game, I decided I could play through the pain.

After limping all day, I put on an ace bandage and popped 2 ibuprofen, then shoved my feet into shoes and went to the gym. We were playing a team of 6 girls with a 4-somehighnumber record. This meant we (Rita H, Amanda H, and Jen P) would have to be all over the court. It started out decent, and stayed that way throughout the game- we won by 6 or so. The second game was a little harder, they were shoving deep and tipping short. We lost 22-25, and my foot was throbbing. I felt like in books when people have lines of pain on their faces, and it was hard to hide my limping. By the middle of the third game, my foot was numb, and I could concentrate on playing. We wasted the other team 25-12.

It was hard to hide our big grins as we shook hands. What seemed daunting ended as a hard fought victory. Those are the best kind, and it was the perfect way to end the season! My mouth is smiling, but my poor foot is crying. It deserves a nice rest before softball on Wednesday, and that's what it will get.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... I kind of wonder what fun game you were playing?! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!