Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The trip down

We left from home early Thursday morning. It was great to be in my parents ride: Claire slept in the back, and I got the whole seat to myself! Plus, Mom brought good food :)
At around 5 am on Friday, Mike called us from their truck (they met up with us in IN) and said "Flat tire!" We pulled over, and sure enough, one of the camper tires had exploded. Dad put the spare on, and we were back on the road after about 45 minutes.

Only two and a half hours later, same thing. We got a call from Mike again, I hear Dad say sh*t, and this time it was the spare that shredded.

Like my mom said, Mike saved our bottoms again, because Dad had not brought the proper tools. Mike, of course, had his toolbox. What a son-in-law!
Joce, looking a little too chipper for 7:30 am.
Viv looks a little wary, but is, as usual, a happy baby. She was so good the whole trip! Claire and I took a turn driving the truck, and Vivvers stayed up with us (it was the middle of the night), just listening, or singing, or throwing out a comment here and there.
Since we were out of extra tires, Dad and Mike took off to get two new ones, leaving our ride on the side of the freeway with the hazards on. Mike took the smart way off the road, over the grass and up the exit we happened to be next to.

Finally the truck came back, Dad put the tires on, and we were back on our way. It was two hour delay.
So our final trip time from my apt ended up being 30 hours, half a day more than planned. So far, it has been totally worth it. Hopefully the trip back involves less swear words, and goes, I'm hoping, a little quicker.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Viv won't cuss as much on the trip home. Good ol' Mike, the son Dad always wanted and finally has. Heh.

    I thought I'd share sweet tune that is a couple years old but I hadn't heard before, to broaden your musical horizons beyond your pop/country.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSdQxKaBfU

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!