Monday, May 3, 2010

MK

Boyfriend. Significant other. The guy in my life. I have hardly blogged about him, but I don't want him to read this and think he's not important because he's not mentioned :) He is important, I was just unsure of how to start tossing his name in.


We've been dating for about 5 weeks now. It started how a bunch of relationships do; he kept talking to me at kyds. At first, I was like whatev, but eventually I couldn't stop thinking about him. My wingwoman Kayla came with me to the guys house a few times so I could chat more with him (and, lets be honest, his friends, because I was a little nervous to talk to just him. Thanks K). One Sunday night, I texted him to ask if anything was going on, and that must have been the push he needed, because for the next two weeks, he kept texting until finally he mentioned the d word. Our first date included a bonfire, a guitar, Mountain Dew, and marshmallows. It lasted late into the night, and I couldn't wait to see him the next night.

Since then, I've been out where he lives most every weekend. This past one, however, we went to the UP. I met the fam. Eek. I was only a little nervous, because my parents and his are pretty good friends, and I had heard many nice things about the whole family. Everything I had heard was true- they were so genuinely kind and fun! Little Ava even asked if I could come to her house sometime :) Mark and I had a blast up there, four wheeling, hanging with his friends and family, jamming on guitar, shooting a 22.... I wouldn't mind going again sometime soon.

He has met my family, and is getting to know my girl friends (they seem to approve). It's been an exciting and crazy five weeks, and I hope it continues.

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo Krista! Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of you two on the 4-wheeler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whit whew! so pumped for you! sounds like an awesome first date..mt dew, late nights!!! i miss that! happy dating! ~katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were glad Mark brought you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering...since the SLW. Nice to hear the update. -J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading that almost brought a tear to my eye! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have been there to meet you! This is from the one family member you didn't meet - Jessica! I've heard great things about you :) You and Mark should come visit us in Illinois!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you two, thats just way too cute! are we lookin at the quickest engagement in the history of dating coming up here? I hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds fun krista! i may have to do a mtn dew/marshmallow date night myself.....
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i also want to ask where you get your mud boots?? i am just having the hardest time finding some for me and the kiddos....
    ~ann b.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica, I wish I could have met you too! Ann, I'm not sure... they're from Mark's house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, trying to put together who the lucky guy is:) You both look pretty happy in that picture- yay for you!

    A date like that sounds like fun, maybe I should pull one out of the hat around here soon...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!