Mine and Daves text convo, so typical us:
K: Happy Birthday. 2 years to thirty. Heh heh, I'm so mean.
D: Thanks sport. Doesnt bother me a bit because i will be thirty years young.
K: 2 years to the decline of your health and your hair.
D: Seems hard to believe now since i am as healthy as a bull moose and have hair for days and days
K: You know, dad said the same thing at 28 too
D: But he was never actually lucky enough to find the foutain of youth
K: Did you find it at the end of the rainbow?
D: No it was just sitting there under the deck of all places
Texting Dave always makes me laugh, which Kayla can attest to. After she hears me, she asks "what did he say now?"
It's kind of been a tradition since I moved to the cities that I make a cake for Dave and bring it to whatever social event is happening that night. Two years ago, we had a bean bag tourney- we were reminiscing about that yesterday- but I can't remember what went on last year. Last night, I brought a cake to the guys house following our softball games, where we watched the Stanley Cup finals, sang to David, then sat out by the fire.
I meant to take pictures, but of course in the moment, I didn't have my camera with me. You know Dave, so just picture him grinning, then blowing out his candles without leaving any burning for girlfriends (what!).
This is from a few months back, but I'm putting it on just to give all you single ladies out there an idea of how cute and sweet he is ;)
ah cute, but I am his aunt...love the sis/bro relationship, reminds me of tim and me.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I laughed out loud reading the text convo, so typical salmen! Happy bday Dave!
ReplyDeletehahaha. love it!
ReplyDeleteUnder the deck, of all places. That's some good stuff.
ReplyDelete