Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long&lazy weekend

I had nothing planned for this weekend, and usually, I like to have something on my schedule. The hours stretched out long in front of me. Cor convinced me to go out to the country on Friday night, and after that, the hours flew.

Saturday was spent in the garden with Mom, Dad, and Joce, toiling under the hot sun, and telling family stories (Uncle Jerry's shrimping boat story, for example). Garden help was what Mom wanted for Mother's Day, so I was glad to give my time to her. It was actually fun, and we topped it off with a jump in the lake, just like when we were kids.

Sunday, we had a family dinner, with the addition of Chester & Ellen Y. In the evening, there was a classic summer cookout. Football was the game of the night, and our team (Hoss- mind you, he spells it without an "0", but I figured you might not know who I was talking about without it, Brad K, Kayla) ROCKED. Then bags tourney; unfortunately Stoner and I lost out right away. Of course, red dot was next, before the skeets got too bad, and Kayla and I hightailed it to the car and back to the cities.

On Monday, the guys sent out a "water fun at their house" text. Cor and I got there at 2, and stayed until 10:30 pm! I love days like that, when we spend all day having fun (and it's never boring). We had another bags tourney; Cor and I went two and done :( Water volleyball, a tarp sauna, and a fire filled up the day.

Just a little note: I love tarp saunas. Something about being crowded into a space with 5-6 people and some steam, pretending everyone outside can't hear you talking when you full well know they can, is just so FUN.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...I love hearing about the you single kids! Makes me a bit lonesome! Tarp saunas...sounds interesting. I'll have to pass that one by Brian since we live in town here.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!