I'm not really a recipe poster, but this is one I can't resist sharing. My mom got this mousse recipe from some magazine I think, and she had me try some of the leftovers last time I was home. Both of us were actually scraping the container with our spoons, it was that yummy!
Chocolate of the Gods Mousse with Raspberries & Mint (serves 4-8)
2 c Hass avocadoes (about 2)
1/2 c + 2 T maple syrup
2-4 T organic sugar (depends how sweet you want it, I used 2 and it was still good)
2 T coconut oil (probably not something you have lying around the kitchen unless you're my mom, it's similar to shortening)
1-2 teas vanilla extract (nonalcoholic)
1 teas balsamic vinegar
1/2 teas shoyu (soy sauce)
1 c pure cocoa powder
1 pint raspberries
handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. In a food processor or blender, blend the avocadoes, maple syrup, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, balsamic vinegar, and shoyu until smooth and creamy
2. Add the cocoa (sifting beforehand) and blend until smooth
3. In dessert dishes, layer raspberries, mousse, mint, raspberries, then more mint
Can be stored up to a week in the fridge or frozen up to a month
I love this mousse because it's not too sweet, and has a slight tanginess. It tastes like expensive chocolate! (just had a thought: SLW Chocoholics!)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!