Monday, April 1, 2013

SLW

Due to the busyness of life, I never got around to posting about our ladies weekend. I didn't take too many pictures. I really just tried to enjoy the time with family; and enjoy it I did!

Our theme this year was the 1940's. We had a blast dressing up, getting into character, and talking about rationing.

Leah setting the table for her group's meal.

Janina and Coralie modeling hats that Jocelyn made for the auction.
 This is our second year of doing an auction. Everyone brings things they don't want/need, or hand-made items, and then they are auctioned off. The money goes to help pay for the mansion, so everyone wins!

Girls with pop in old-fashioned glass bottles

Sweet Fiona-babes on an adorable little rocking chair

Babies! Fiona, Raiina, Barrett, Renn, and Jack

I love that we love babies so much we stand around and admire them!

Barrett loving on his cousin

We held a shower for Claire and Fiona on Saturday

Saturday night's meal was ours. We had a patriotic dinner with the General attending (remember the war was going on). Us kitchen ladies channeled "Rosie the Riveter", since we were working.

More babies! Brooks joined the boy brigade (second from left)

Once again, it was a wonderful weekend. I love seeing my female relatives!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the photo story, first photos I've seen of SLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here... and I did not remember to bring the camera AT ALL! gasp. It just looks so fun and brings the memories back. Almost as fun to see the pictures as it was then. almost. Thanks for the reminder! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARE. YOU. EVEN. FLEXING.

    David

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!