Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Those mean-lookin' blisters

GROSS ALERT: if you get sicked out by fluid-filled things, you may not want to see this picture!

So I bought these new shoe/sandal thingys at TJMaxx, intending to use them for my trip out east. They were super comfy in the store, of course. I took them out for a maiden voyage right away, I walked maybe a half mile. By the time I got home, I had to tiptoe from the top of the steps to our apartment door, my feet hurt that badly.

And then I took the shoes off, and my heels had rolls of loose skin on them. About twenty minutes later they were filled. And painful. The biggest blisters I have ever seen, one on each heel. This picture is of the smaller one...
Yuck. Everyone (mostly Mike) told me to pop them, but I was wary of doing that. Finally, I cracked, though. I popped them (actually kind of amazing how much liquid was in there), and ahhhh, instant relief from the pressure. A few days later... my heels are almost healed.
Now to figure out if I should try and return the shoes, or just try and get calluses...

1 comment:

  1. ha. you popped them. they are such cute shoes. but return them. -katie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!