Monday, March 15, 2010

A day out

I came around to the fact that spring is here, and now I'm excited about it! I've been rockin' my mud boots (more about them in a post yet to come), and my coat that is newish from last year :)
Kayla, Cor and I headed out one day last week to the Institute of Arts. I love that everytime I go there I see something new. The purpose of our trip was to look at the painting I chose for Art In Bloom. Art in Bloom is a show held at the Institute every year where florists choose a painting and make a fresh arrangement to go with it. I went to see it last year, and it was amazing! I decided to participate this year, and picked this Van Gogh painting...

I haven't decided exactly what I'm using yet, but probably some curly willow to emulate the trees. Lynda suggested mums because they have a similar look to the brush strokes, and I like her idea. We'll see how it turns out. The show is at the end of April. I get one free valet parking pass during that weekend, so if anyone wants to come, look me up!

After the art museum, we drove around looking for fun. We found some in just hanging out together, and then at Solos for dinner. It was a great day out!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! show us pictures when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!